Sunday, March 9, 2008

Cake Decorating

My interest in cake decorating started years ago after graduating from high school. For several years I had admired the decorating talent of my cousin where cake was served to family, such as weddings and anniversaries. I decided to try my hand at it, so I took a crash course with night classes for several weeks. Probably the most tedious thing to learn was making frosting roses! I started out with a small clientele of co-workers once they found out what I was doing. It was just a hobby with not much experience, so I didn’t charge a lot of money. Getting the cakes so cheap was what probably got me more business, and consequently more experience. I gradually raised my prices, but customers were sold on my cakes and kept coming back with more orders.

Several years down the road I was even making my own wedding cakes! I think about that today and wonder "What was I thinking?!" Before long, we were having babies, followed by toddlers, followed by little boys wanting to stick their fingers in the frosting. So my cake decorating took a back seat with me only doing cakes for our four boys’ birthdays. By the time they were older and no longer trying to sneak a taste, I had lost some interest in doing cakes – remembering how tedious squeezing out all those little stars was. My interest was soon aroused about 2003 when I checked in to the picture cakes that I had started hearing about and then seeing in stores. They were awesome! I made an investment of purchasing what I needed to get started and advertised. That was all it took – I not only had some of my old customers back, but also some new customers. I have had many return customers once they have seen what I can do with a cake. I can scan personal photos or pull any picture off of the Internet and print it off on a special edible sheet and put it on their choice of cake. People are amazed at how I can personalize a cake just for them or the special occasion. I have another site geared just toward cake ideas and decorating cakes at http://www.CakeIdeas101.com that I would like to invite you to visit.

I compare my cake decorating business to my online businesses. All of my businesses started out with an investment and advertising. There’s not a business out there that doesn’t require that to some degree. I also make sure when I do a cake that I go the extra mile to get repeat business. With my online businesses, I offer the free service of my mentoring team to help others start their own business – another way of going that extra mile.

Author: Linda Dougherty
Specializes in working with people to show them how to market effectively to earn money online.
http://www.internettowealth.com/














About the books shown Above:

"The Bread And Biscuit Baker": From Wedding Cakes To Candies, You Can Host A Fantastic Bake Sale Or Start Your Own Ole Timey Bakery,These Wonderful Ole Timey Recipes Will Provide You With Many Years Of Pleasant Fundraising And Baking Pleasure.Delectable recipes from the 1800's will have you baking wonderful treats and biscuits that will make even your worst critics' mouths water!In "The Bread And Biscuit Baker's And Sugar-Boiler's Assistant" you'll find delightful, easy to follow instructions for baking all types of delicious breads, cakes, candies, crumpets, custards, ice creams and even lozenges! ONLY $3.00

"Chocolate Recipes for Chocolate Lovers": Chocolate is the ultimate indulgence and Chocolate Recipes For Chocolate Lovers is the ultimate chocolate cookbook.Chocolate Recipes For Chocolate Lovers delivers more than 600 of the best recipes from cookies and cakes to candies and truffles, this eBook is pure chocolate satisfaction for chocolate lovers everywhere The diversity of the recipes make this the perfect cookbook for any chocolate fanatic. ONLY $7.00

"Delicious Diabetic Recipes": Delicious Diabetic Recipes gives you an awesome collection of over 500 recipes!You'll find recipes for things you may have thought you couldn't have any more, like Fudge, Cakes and Cookies. Well the good news is you can still have all those things you just need some recipes that tell you how to make them!You don't even have to be a Diabetic to enjoy these recipes, anyone wanting to cut down on the sugar in their diet will benefit from these recipes.Over 500 Tasty Diabetic Recipes, sure to please your tastebuds and satisfy your diet restrictions.Millions of people have Diabetes and have to maintain a special Diet. But this doesn't mean you can't enjoy the things you like, you just have to make them a little differently. ONLY $7.00

No comments: