Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Killer Dust Balls!

When I was growing up, my mom gave me the regular task of dusting the house. Because I did this so often, I got to where I absolutely despised that chore. I would rather wash a stack of dishes six feet high than get out that dust rag. I asked her once why I always got that job and she said it was because she didn’t like to do it!
Once I left home and was out on my own, I did not do this chore with nearly as much regularity. One day when my mom stopped by my house, she called attention to the fact that I had quite the layer of dust covering my furniture. I just looked at her and asked, "You know why I leave that on there don’t you?" She gave me a funny look as if she couldn’t imagine there could be a reason and asked, "Why?" I said, "Well, because it’s a protective coating for the furniture."
I know my mom couldn’t believe I had come up with some lame excuse like that. As long as it was undisturbed, you didn’t really notice it. But with having four little boys, they naturally thought it was as fun to draw in the dust as it was on foggy car windows. I just couldn’t see much sense in dusting because it seems like all you are doing is wiping it off and the next thing you know it is right back on there. I don’t think you ever actually get rid of it – you just rearrange its location.
It wasn’t too far down the road that my mom brought me a little present to hang on the wall that she had done in counted cross-stitch. Amongst five gray pompoms she had glued on were the words – "This house protected by KILLER DUST BALLS!" I had to laugh, but I display it proudly!
Keeping the dust at bay is something I try to do for my online businesses however. It’s best to keep them polished and running smoothly. If I don’t, they soon don’t function properly. I also have a mentoring team that helps me keep my businesses polished. As with their help, whenever my mom would get out another dust rag and assist me, it didn’t seem like near the chore to accomplish as it did when I was doing it by myself. Teamwork does make a difference!

Author: Linda Dougherty
Specializes in working with people to show them how to market effectively to earn money online.

http://www.internettowealth.com/

No comments: