Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Those Pearly Whites!

Don’t put off taking care of your teeth. Many people don’t care for them like they should and as a result they end up with false teeth – sometimes at an early age. Luckily, I never had a cavity until I was 37 years old, but I had a horrible problem with tartar and plaque build-up on the back of my lower teeth. The biggest contribution to this problem was because they were crooked and crowded – leaving the perfect place for those issues to thrive because it was hard to brush there.

About a year and a half ago, I decided it was time to change dentists. I had been going to an elderly "country" dentist who just got patients by until they were ready for dentures. I had been hearing advertisements on the radio for a revolutionary way of straightening teeth with a product called Invisalign. It is a clear plastic device that is fit to go right over your teeth and gradually moves them into proper alignment. What was so great about it was there were no wires for people to see on your teeth. I liked that idea since I was 46 years old and finally getting my teeth straightened. In order to consume food, all you have to do is pop them out, eat, brush, and put them back in. Each set of aligners is worn for two weeks while calcification builds up to hold the teeth where they were moved to. Each time a new set is put in, you can feel the pressure of them being moved to their new position.

I went through this process for 11 months. If I had done the wire braces, it would have taken at least two years or more. I am so happy with the results of my teeth! I like to smile at myself in the mirror and see how nice and straight they are. I no longer have the horrible plaque and tartar build-up on my lower teeth because they are easier to care for with brushing and flossing. I even used some whitening strips after I had finished the Invisalign treatment to get the final results I desired. Now I can look in the mirror and say "Wow! Look at those pearly whites!"
I compare taking care of my teeth to my online businesses. I have to do regular maintenance on both to keep them functioning properly. And as with keeping your smile looking healthy, if you keep your business up to snuff, you will have people interested in doing business with you.
Oh, and if you are wondering how you could possibly afford to get some of the dental work done that you need because you do not have enough money up front or dental insurance to cover it, do what I did. I applied for Care Credit. It can be used for dentistry, vision or hearing care, cosmetic treatments or surgery, or even veterinary costs for your pets. Many places offer this service and have the papers you can apply for it, but you can also go online to apply. It’s set up on a payment plan, and the best thing is – if you have it paid off in a year you don’t have to pay any interest charges. You can’t beat a deal like that!

Author: Linda Dougherty
Specializes in working with people to show them how to market effetively to ean money online.

http://www.internettowealth.com/

No comments: